Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

You know, today is a good day to reflect on what you're thankful for...like, for example, my 1st place Hop-A-Thon trophy. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, in 1985 I succeeded in hopping on one foot----while dressed as a turkey (newspaper wings on my back and red yarn taped to my chin)--- longer than any of the other kindergartners in my class. What an achievement. That's hard to top. :)

Anyway, these days we're thankful for our family and friends, and for getting to have two Turkey Days this year. This never happened to us in the US, but somehow Germany wants us to feel extra thankful. Last week, we decided to organize a Thankgiving feast at our apartment on Saturday (joining us are an American family from down the street, and an American postdoc and two PhD students from MPI). Then, we got invited by a retired American couple that we met a couple of weeks ago to have Thanksgiving at their son's house in Denkeldorf this afternoon. So, now you can all rest assured that we will have plenty of turkey to eat, and enough friends to share our meals with. Good times.

I hope y'all have a wonderful holiday!

No comments: