Thursday, January 04, 2007

First things first...

So, there have been a few e-mail and phone call queries, with inquiring minds wanting to know more about the lost family member thing. Well, as luck would have it, it's chronologically the first story on the list. I'll start with Part 1 of the story here, and let Andy take Part 2 to the finish line. Here goes:

The day of my family's arrival started off normal enough. We got to the airport early, to be on the safe side, and with our extra time purchased items essential to a proper German greeting....Nothing says "Welcome to Deutschland" like a beer and a pretzel. :)

Since there were so many suitcases to transport (thanks mostly to our special requests from the US and Christmas presents), we couldn't all fit in one cab. So, we decided that I would take Mom and Dad in a taxi to Busnau, and Andy and Jesse would take the train and meet us there. Super.

After an hour of being in Busnau, Mom and I were starting to wonder what was taking the boys so long. Maybe they stopped at the store on the way in, or maybe Andy's giving Jesse a tour of the neighborhood. No worries. Then, in the midst of showing my parents the cool features of our new cell phone, I notice that I have a voicemail: "Um, hi. This is the American rescue service calling. I'm here with your brother...uh...I think he got separated from your husband on the train. Anyway, he's safe and I've seated him at the McDonald's at the main train station. He'll be waiting here for you to come and rescue him."

No comments: