Friday, April 20, 2007

Cheesy, but Awesome

As we've mentioned several times, there's a store here called Tchibo, that has all of these wonderful, fun, themed items that change every week. Their slogan is "Each week, a new world." Since I'm on their mailing list (of course! they're awesome!), I get little magazines every now and then with a preview of what'll be sold in the coming weeks.

Well, the ads are always a bit cheesy, but this latest one takes the cake. The theme for next week is "Miami Weiss"...pronounced "Miami Vice", but translated as "Miami White". Very clever. It's all kitchen wares with a clean, white theme. So they have these two men dressed Miami Vice-style modeling all of the new kitchen wares. My favorite page of the ad layout is shown below...note that the "gun" the guy on the left is holding are really salad tongs. :) Just hilarious. Gotta love it.

I've got tongs and I'm not afraid to use them!

No comments: