Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pedal Los Pueblos Ride Log: The Dam Ride



Jemez Dam route = 9 fig bars + 1 muscle milk lite + 1/2 bottle of water.

Much easier than last week's Roller's Loop (finished 65miles in 4.5 hours vs 6), and a super confidence booster. The ride took us north of ABQ to the Jemez Dam, which oddly contained zero water. Guess last year's monsoon season (insanely heavy rain for short periods) was, well, so last year. No major developments this ride, except to say that I've rechristened my bike from FRANKenstein (boring) to DIRKenstein (freshly european, as Dirk was my adopted German namesake complete with matching coffee cup). No more confusion about whether I was mounting, remounting, or washing my teammate who really is named Frank.

A few pics from our trip today:

A great southeasterly view of the Sandia Mountains.


Insert water here.


The REAL Frank, and Capt Snookums

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Dirk and Dirkenstein!!!