Friday, August 20, 2010

Pedal Los Pueblos Ride Log: Uphill Lunch Ride, 10 miles?

David called. Lunch ride Friday. Sweet!

So we headed east and crashed the Four Hills fancypants subdivision. It's a pretty calm place, actually, except for the road that just keeps climbing. Turn, climb. Dip, climb. Guy that keeps yelling "KEVIN" to you, climb. I am a phoenix.

I do most things at 90%, and cycling is no different. Ignore that it's about 95 degrees in 100% clear sky (=sun is pounding). As much as I try to stick with David, I have to pull ahead occasionally because my legs .. just.. move. Let me reiterate that I'll win no awards for speed, but don't tell my legs. So I shoot ahead after David says something like "run, Forrest, run". And Run I do.

We reach the end of the line, and dehydration encourages a repeat ride. We circle back to the start and begin the ascent again (it's not really THAT significant of a climb; perhaps ascent is a bit dramatic). After peaking a second time, we head back towards the office.

That was a good ride.

No comments: