Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Electric Youth

I couldn't wait to get this photo online after our kick-ass weekend in Berlin and Leipzig, Germany. The Porsche Leipzig campus has a building called the "Diamond" which houses the museum, conference centers, restaurant, etc. One of the automobiles, a 1997 Porsche GT1 race car, is an amazing auto that is currently on display at the Leipzig Diamond. It's a wicked car in all respects, and during our tour I heard a tip about special paint used on the body of this GT1. I took a picture with and without flash as a comparison:

How cool is that? It's sick cool, for sure. Or did I just date myself by showing excitement over neon-colors oh-so reminiscent of the early 90s.. Schade.. this car is 10 years old and I'm still crazy about it. I wonder how this car handles on the Porsche Leipzig test track..

PS: it's shaped like a diamond, if you're still wondering from where the moniker arose.

No comments: