Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sweetness

Man, it seems like we've been so busy this summer....and I guess we really have. It all started with our trip to Greece in the spring, then led to trips to the US, Paris, Munich, France, London, and (coming up this weekend) Amsterdam. Busy, busy bees.

Speaking of which, I thought I would show off the super cool ice cream treat I got a few weekends ago at the mall here in Stuttgart. *Technically* it's an item from the kids' menu, but the waiter let me order it anyway. It's three scoops of ice cream, made to look like a bumble bee. Pretty sweet, huh?

Andy also got ice cream, in the form of an enormous berry-tastic Sundae. It was super good. Those of you planning to come visit can have these delectable treats to look forward to. The whole Gelato thing is really big here.

In other random news, I remembered another funny word in German. Hummer = lobster. Kind of makes me giggle now when I see one of those giant tanks driving around. Not that I see them that often here in Europe. I don't even know how you'd park one of those things on these narrow little streets! There's a reason those tiny smart cars are so popular here.

Until we meet again, I'll leave you with one final sweet picture: the lemon cake that I brought to a friend's baby shower last weekend. Lemon sponge cake, with lemon curd filling, and lemon cream cheese frosting. I wish I could take credit for the whole thing, but the lemon-slice border was Andy's idea. :)

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Oh my gosh!!! With all of those goodies, why aren't you guys heavier???? I will be by the time that we leave, but that will be okay, I will have plenty of time to work it off before you guys come home. The lemon cake looked scruptious!!! Good job!!!